All That Jazz Academy of Dance
"Where your child is ALWAYS in First Position!"
Celebrating 24 years in the dance business!
Owner/Director: Regina Nix
*NOTE: This is an abridged version of the Dancer's Dateline newsletter for Fall 2017. Dancers and Parents, please make sure you pick up a copy of the newsletter in the studio foyer! Also, check out the Dates page for a list of Fall performance/other dates! Thank you! :)*
Welcome back, Dancers! Hope everyone had a great summer and great vacations. We have many performances and events planned for fall!
- Things to look for on the small studio window: sign-up sheets for studio coverup T-shirts, dance company shirts, and backpacks!
- All dance companies will be participating in the 254 Dance Festival and Cultural Arts Festival. Related dates are on the Dates page and the newsletter!
- All dancers in jazz, hip hop, pre-company and dance companies will be performing at the HOT Fair. Dancers will wear black leotards, black booty shorts, tan tights, and black jazz shoes, with hair slicked back into a tight ponytail with NO bangs, and the studio T-shirts for coverup. Companies will be wearing purple bra tops, black cutout tank tops, black booty shorts, tan tights, tan shoes, and earrings, with hair in buns and studio T-shirts for coverup.
- All ballet, pointe, jazz, hip hop, tots, pre-company and companies will be performing at two nursing homes in December. We will be wearing red camisole leotards, white tights, red jingle bell skirts, pink ballet shoes, black jazz shoes, and hair in ponytail. Companies will wear red camisole leotards, white tights, black booty shorts, tan jazz shoes, and earrings, with hair in ponytail. Order forms will come out in November.
- Studio car decals for sale - $3! Support your dancer and the studio - see Mrs. Gina to buy.
- We will also be ordering studio T-shirts for parents to be worn at performances and events.
- All company dancers need warmups. We will be placing this order at the end of December.
- Summer dance trip will be a PERFORMANCE CRUISE! All dancers and parents are permitted, minimum of 15 dancers is required to perform. 7-day cruise, either Carnival or Royal Caribbean, leaving out of Galveston in late July. There is an information meeting at the studio on August 31st, and anyone who is interested is encouraged to come.
- Recital costumes will be ordered in late November/early December and statements will go out in October.